Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My amateur pin impressions  (Read 2294 times)

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
My amateur pin impressions
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:25:22 pm »
I'm not a seasoned pin expert, not well acquainted with rule-sets, etc, but wanted to share my impressions... Played 2 rounds each of Iron Man, Big Buck Hunter and Spider Man (which is back in production according to Stern's site) in a showroom:

First was Iron Man:
I had played this once a fewweeks ago and didn't think much of it. Felt it was ok. I still feel relatively the same, but I don't dislike the game. I thought originally that all you do with the big dude in the middle is wack him, but this time he did this weird magnet thing to the ball when it struck him, so that makes it a little more interesting I guess. It's ok. I noticed it was priced cheaper than most of the other/older titles ($4090 CAD retail)

After this I tried Big Buck Hunter:
First thing I noticed is that it played much faster than the Iron Man did. I liked this one. I liked the variety and placement of shots. It wasn't super easy to hit ramps, etc. The lane behind the hunting shack was very difficult (presumably by design). I like it. The playfield was rather dark though. I'd hate to see this in a dark bar... might be difficult to see anything!

Spider Man: Old I know, but played it for kicks. I liked it.

Simpsons Party: Visually this thing is a mess. There's stuff EVERYWHERE, all multi-colored. The ball drained easy. I dunno. It looks impressive to have so much on the playfield, but playing it felt like a mess. It cost over a grand more than the Iron Man.
NO MORE!!

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
Re: My amateur pin impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »
After you play some 'good' pins, i think your opinions will change drastically.