Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where to buy a 19" CRT Monitor ???  (Read 7459 times)

chazbeenhad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2010, 02:37:28 pm
Where to buy a 19" CRT Monitor ???
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:59:06 pm »
I want to purchase a 19" crt to replace my Wells Gardner k7000 series monitor that I am using in a Neo Geo MVS cabinet.
I can't seem to find anything online. The Happ site doesnt list anything, I emailed Betson and they told me they no longer have 19" CRT monitors.

Where else can I look for a 19" CRT? Also, will most every monitor sold for arcade machines, match up to the mounting holes of my current monitor is using? Do these new low rez or tri-sync monitors have the same connections as the old monitor I have that is 20+ years old?

chazbeenhad

• Offline Offline
Re: Where to buy a 19" CRT Monitor ???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 10:11:49 pm »
Will this monitor work for me?

http://www.billabs.com/bl19c71k.htm

**Edit : sales@billabs.com is bouncing back, delivery failure.

I'm still searching around. Maybe an Imperial Kortek?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:41:53 pm by chazbeenhad »

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:49 pm »
That monitor is a 19" 15khz CRT, so it definitely could be made to work with your cabinet. 

Whether it's the most economical or easiest choice is a little murkier. 

Where do you live?  Depending on your location you may be able to get one from a member here, or perhaps find something useful on ebay or craigslist. 

chazbeenhad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:29:54 pm »
That monitor is a 19" 15khz CRT, so it definitely could be made to work with your cabinet.  

Whether it's the most economical or easiest choice is a little murkier.  

Where do you live?  Depending on your location you may be able to get one from a member here, or perhaps find something useful on ebay or craigslist.  

Thanks Jack. I live in NJ and if anyone could help me out, that would be great. I'm looking for a new or like new CRT. I figure these things are disappearing fast and I'd like to get my hands on a new screen to last for many years.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:50:15 am by chazbeenhad »

chazbeenhad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:20:11 am »
I placed an order with arcadeshop.com for a new 19" Imperial Kortek CRT.

No real answers in this thread, and I could not find anything else on the web.

If you need a 19" CRT there doesn't seem to be much choice out there!

I plan to do a re-cap my WG monitor after it's replaced with the new Kortek.
Then I will crate it for storage.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:42:35 pm »
Alva Amusement

8liners.com

Wei-ya (in Taiwan)

chazbeenhad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:32 pm »
Got my 19" Imperial Kortek from Arcadeshop.com today. It doesnt work. I got a picture when I puched down on the ribbon cable for the remote adjustment board. I wasnt able repoduce that again.
Arcadeshop had me unplug everything and remove the board from the frame. I shipped it back to them today.
I hope its a quick turn around. I was looking forward to my 1st new screen and this is a disappointment.
I'll post back here about how this gets resolved.

chazbeenhad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 12:43:21 pm »
I wanted to add to my thread here, that after receiving my non-working 19" Imperial CRT from Arcadeshop.com
I sent back the monitor chassis and neck board to them that very same day. I wasn't fond of spending another $20 to UPS to do it either, but I was told "we will hook you up". I was also told it would be turned right around, as soon as they get it they will send one out. Ups ground from me to them is 2 days.

It is 12 days later and I still haven't received my monitor chassis. I'm still waiting.........

Edit: 6/24 end of the day still no chassis...........
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:10:01 pm by chazbeenhad »

wp34

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 07:37:56 pm »
Alva Amusement

8liners.com

Wei-ya (in Taiwan)

Ken -

Have you ordered from 8liners.com before?  I see this one on their site and it seems like a really good price for a new monitor with frame.

http://www.genao.com/osc/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31

Thanks!

chazbeenhad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 01:54:58 pm »
@wp34: I have heard from someone over at neo-geo.com that ordered a CRT from 8liners and they claim to be a very happy customer.

I did receive my Kortek KTN-2001 chassis on Friday. It took too long to turn around and I cant say I'm happy about that. However I installed it and although it needed lots of adjustments, it seems to be working well. Gives a very nice picture too. I do have some questions about how I installed it but I'm going to start a new thread for that.........

wp34

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:50 pm »
@wp34: I have heard from someone over at neo-geo.com that ordered a CRT from 8liners and they claim to be a very happy customer.

I did receive my Kortek KTN-2001 chassis on Friday. It took too long to turn around and I cant say I'm happy about that. However I installed it and although it needed lots of adjustments, it seems to be working well. Gives a very nice picture too. I do have some questions about how I installed it but I'm going to start a new thread for that.........

Good to know.  Glad to hear yours is working out for you.

mytymaus007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 09:58:40 am
  • http://gameroom.atozmicro.com
    • http://gameroom.atozmicro.com
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »

Just checking in on your monitor. HOws it holding up. Im looking in to buying one for my MAME cab. do you have the specs on the monitor also is it a problem to hook it up to PC

thanks