Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ipac and mame 2 second delay after pressing buttons in some games  (Read 1005 times)

shateredsoul

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
Hi Everyone,

So another issue here.  This time, when I press a button in some games it takes about 2 seconds to respond. Any idea what may be causing this? It happens when I use the ipac but also if I try using the keyboard during the game I experience the same delays.. these games seemed to work fine before (i'm using mameui64 136u3), i thought maybe it was an issue of having to enable multikeyboards, but i tried that and neither my kb nor the ipac worked with that enabled.

Some games that had this issue (that i have tried so far)

-Ms Pacman (parent and speed hack)
-packman
-donkey kong (parent)
-killer instinct
-dragon spirit

games that were fine include
-xmen vs streetfighter
-street fighter II
-metal slug 4
-king of the fighter 94
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:09:07 pm by shateredsoul »

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
Re: ipac and mame 2 second delay after pressing buttons in some games
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:14:12 pm »
I just tried  the mame binary available from the official site... it worked fine.  I think I must have not compiled mame correctly... I never noticed until now because I never really played any games much with my keyboard.

*edit* nevermind =/, it's still there

*update* I think it has to do with "mame.ini" file, I deleted it and change the settings back through mameui and it's working fine now.  Hmm go fig
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:24:22 pm by shateredsoul »

shateredsoul

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:58:35 pm »
turning off "multithreading" fixed the issue...

????

i have a core i7 cpu, might that be a problem?

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:48:09 am »
the only things multi threaded are like sound and video pasting on one, everything else on the other.  (dont' remember exactly but its not a huge amount).  Its probably that one thread has to wait on the other... or something similar.

I had the same problem... and I formatted the computer trying to fix it... then realized... sigh...