Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: System 6 problem, Williams Blackout  (Read 2093 times)

AE35

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2022, 01:48:24 pm
  • That sure is a nice raygun!
System 6 problem, Williams Blackout
« on: May 10, 2010, 12:51:33 pm »
Hey all! This sub-forum never catched my eye before!! :o

Well, I hope someone can help:)

I'm fixing a Blackout, and I've rebuilt the blanking circuit, since it didn't work. I've also changed
the 40-pin connector on both the CPU and driver board.

The blanking test point on the CPU board shows 4.6V, so that's good. Pin 37 also shows 4.6V, so also
good there.

However, the feature lights and coils doesn't come on. All fuses are checked, and OK.

I'm thinking that maybe there is a fault on the driver board, that stops it from turning on?

Any advice would be VERY welcome!!

Thanks!

Nicholas

HHaase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2011, 01:41:22 pm
Re: System 6 problem, Williams Blackout
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:57:37 pm »
Are the coils getting the 28v power to them?  The driver board switches the ground side, they should always have power to them even when not firing.
That will help to isolate it a bit which side of the circuit you are dealing with.

In fact, I'd check ALL the power outputs coming out of the power supply, to make sure they are in spec.  There's about a half dozen different voltages coming out of it.

-Hans