Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone used Logitech G25/G27 with MAME?  (Read 12562 times)

helpmebuild

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2010, 06:32:26 pm
Anyone used Logitech G25/G27 with MAME?
« on: May 08, 2010, 06:17:22 pm »
Just curious if anyone has tried to use the Logitech G25/27 with mame for driving games? I know it works well with its own software under pretty well all versions of Windows with newer games, but wasn't sure how it would be to configure with mame...is this possible? If so, how is it? I just really want to use this as my driving cab controls as they are far superior in feel and look to the stuff from Daytona, Crusin' and Rush.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:42:45 pm
Re: Anyone used Logitech G25/G27 with MAME?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 07:48:00 pm »
Not sure how close they are, but I have the cheaper Logitech MOMO & it works fine (as did the old Formula Force & Act Labs RS that I tried). 
I did have to uncheck the "combine pedals" box in windows, which makes them register as different directions of the same axis.
Tweaking the analogue control sensitivity, speed, etc for each game by trial and error is a pain.

You may want to try the games you are thinking of before you do too much planning.
Of the games you mentioned, Cruisin' works, Rush requires a crazy fast CPU, & Daytona isn't emulated yet.
Nebula's Model 2 emulator works great for Daytona & a few other driving games.  Force Feedback even works. 

My driving cab is running off my regular MAME computer right now (2.8GHz Athlon X2).
I've rounded up almost all the parts for another pc, but I'm still debating the cost/benefit ratio when it comes to the processor.

Anyone have California Speed playing with perfect sound?  What processor are you using?

helpmebuild

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2010, 06:32:26 pm
Re: Anyone used Logitech G25/G27 with MAME?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:23:31 pm »
Well I was more just curious if it worked, so that it would be a possibility if needed.

I think I'm more likely to throw a modded 360 in it and play a few more modern racers. With the LCD I'm planning on using they should look crazy nice.

Thanks for the input though!