Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Original Tekken PCB?  (Read 3841 times)

zzaz3

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2012, 02:46:49 am
Original Tekken PCB?
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:24:44 pm »
Hey,

I think I have the original tekken PCB in my possession, but I'm not sure how to tell for sure.  I don't have anything to test it on, is there another way to check?

Also, any idea what it's worth?  I tired to look it up on ebay, but no one is selling the original, just tekken 2, 3, ect..

Thanks!  :afro:

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
Re: Original Tekken PCB?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »
Value: about $20-30 if working
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:32:39 am »
Value: about $20-30 if working

20 or 30 shipped maybe. I bought my tekken II Version B for $40 shipped

just plug it into any jamma machine, if you dont have one, post where you live, maybe someone near to you can let you put it in their machine.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

MKFan4Life

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 08:18:00 am
  • My arcade machines...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:09:11 am »
Hey,

I think I have the original tekken PCB in my possession, but I'm not sure how to tell for sure.  I don't have anything to test it on, is there another way to check?

Also, any idea what it's worth?  I tired to look it up on ebay, but no one is selling the original, just tekken 2, 3, ect..

Thanks!  :afro:

I bought mine in August of 2009 on Ebay for about $22.50 shipped.  It was advertised as a Tekken 2 PCB and had a Tekken 2 manual, stickers, and move list for under the monitor glass.  But, since all these NAMCO System 11 boards look the same, the seller was apparently unaware the person he bought the "kit" from gave him a Tekken 1 PCB.  I found out when I booted it up in my MK2 cabinet.

It seems some of the numbered stickers might help you figure out if you have a Tekken 1 board.  Mine shows "C09620" on the graphics ROM board (smaller attached board to the mainboard).  This same number is on a sticker on the back of the mainboard.  And there's a sticker denoting "No. 311921" on the CPU board (larger attached board to the mainboard).  Finally, there's a telling sticker on the back of the mainboard which reads "TE 2 Ver. C".  (This last sticker seems to be the only REAL notation of what game is actually on this board!)

Now this would make one think, "Hey, Tekken 2 Version C!"  But this board is a Tekken 1.  I thought maybe someone swapped one of the smaller boards which held ROMs from a Tekken 1 into a Tekken 2 mainboard (which might have had possibly damaged ROMs on a daughterboard), but after reading up on this architecture, the game ROMs are all on the mainboard as surface-mount chips, except for the graphics ROMs which are on the smaller daughterboard.  So (it seems) the only swap you could make on a board like this might be the CPU board if it went bad?  But you couldn't swap the mainboard or graphics from a Tekken 1, 'cause they have game-specific surface-mount ROMs installed that would conflict with say, a Soul Edge System 11 game.

Since these stickers show smaller numbers than what I have seen on Tekken 2's and some other boards that were manufactured a year or two later, it appears to me that the board was made a little earlier since these use the same System 11 hardware.  So it HELPS you narrow it down a bit to around 1994-1995 when Tekken 1 came out (I still can't confirm the date 'cause KLOV, Wikipedia, and System16.com conflict with each other on the dates Part 1 and 2 came out.)  Anyone know?

Now as far as my board having the "TE 2 Ver. C" goes, both Part 1 & 2 of Tekken had versions B & C after the initial game was released, so the darned "2" is just confusing to me.  Why would they have that on a Tekken 1 board???  Guess they like throwing in random numbers AND letters, 'cause my System 11 Soul Edge board has a sticker on the bottom that reads "SO 3 Ver. A", lol!  From what I read on System16.com for Soul Edge, there was a Version I, II, & III for it, but nothing denoting a Version "A".

Well, now that you're as confused as possible, here are some pics from my Tekken 1 board followed by my Soul Edge board.  They are ALMOST completely identical, so you can see how the System 11 boards are hard to differentiate from one another:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _

zzaz3

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 02:31:59 am »
Yeah, mine says TE 2 also.  I was starting to think it was Tekken 2.  Mine's Ver. B though. 

I guess I'll need to find a JAMMA harness to test this out.

MKFan4Life

• Offline Offline
  • My arcade machines...
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:38 pm »
Yeah, mine says TE 2 also.  I was starting to think it was Tekken 2.  Mine's Ver. B though. 

I guess I'll need to find a JAMMA harness to test this out.

I haven't looked up the differences in the versions yet.  Might be bug-fixes or something.  Maybe added characters???  Anybody know?

zzaz3

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 11:45:36 pm »
Yeah, I tried searching the web about this thing, but everything was tekken 2, 3, ect..  It's really hard to find info on the original.   :banghead:

MKFan4Life

• Offline Offline
  • My arcade machines...
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 07:19:08 pm »
Yeah, I tried searching the web about this thing, but everything was tekken 2, 3, ect..  It's really hard to find info on the original.   :banghead:

I did the same thing... same results, too... argh!  Lol!

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 10:14:39 am »
see if namco has a manual in pdf to download like alot of there games and just run the numbers that way to see if they match.

I asked and they gave me a link to the full soul caliber II manual in pdf and pretty sure they would have tekken too since there one of their top selling fighter series.