Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any tips on calibrating/centering tiltbob ring?  (Read 2252 times)

Dazz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Any tips on calibrating/centering tiltbob ring?
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:07:36 am »
I have 3 tilt bobs that I'm going to install into my digital pincab that I'm building.  I installed one tiltbob last evening, but couldn't figure out the best way to center the ring that the bob hits to tilt.  Do you guys have any tips or anything on getting the bob centered/calibrated correctly?

Thanks!

Kurt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2010, 10:53:22 pm
Re: Any tips on calibrating/centering tiltbob ring?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:41:00 am »
Not really I just taped half of the ring off then i had the bob screwed up pretty high almost half way up into the ring.

I havent mounted them inside my cab yet but playing around with it it seemed to do the job.

HHaase

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2011, 01:41:22 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 01:05:31 am »
Out of curiosity, why using 3 plumb-bobs?  Aren't they usually done with one plumb-bob, one slam and one rolling ball?

-Hans

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 02:30:42 am »
Out of curiosity, why using 3 plumb-bobs?  Aren't they usually done with one plumb-bob, one slam and one rolling ball?

-Hans
Yes, real pinball machines tend to use those 3.  However, I'm building a digital pinball machine that uses 3 LCD screens hooked up to a computer running Visual Pinball and Future Pinball simulators.  3 tilt bobs are working out fine.