Front End Support > Tutorials

[Guide] Add systems to Maximus Arcade ( Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo Ds, and Naomi )

<< < (3/5) > >>

shateredsoul:
Hey nickynooch,

I'm using T12_2, which has an integrated loader.  Try using that instead. Here's the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJJSNMXW

I'm not too sure the pc section will work since you want maximus to launch an exe and then point that exe to your rom.  The pc section needs no exe so if you want to integrate it there you have to make a batch file for the games you hope to use. The newest verion of Makaron can run some of the mame zip files (marvel vs capcom 2 for example), but still mostly runs best with the dat files. There's a compatibility thread on the hyperspin forum somewhere.

The funnest part is reconfiguring the control panel (and by funnest I mean worst) ;)

let me know how it goes.

shateredsoul:
Hmm I don't know if player 2 is in the default.. i'm not at my pc right now so I can't check but check the file that's something like jvs.ini .. you should be able to tell if player 1 and 2 are configured (even if you can't read the code)

shateredsoul:
this thread might be helpful

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2981&page=11

shateredsoul:
That's strange, and this is using makaron? or demul? Using makaron I just set it up and erased all the command line.  I think I used dosbox or commodore 64.

I'm using makaron and haven't tried naomi games with demul. Sometimes some of the emulators wont' let you integrate new systems (mame, zinc, neo geo, for example).  Try using dosbox.  When I get home I'll let you know exactly what my settings are. 

shateredsoul:
Here are my settings and my makaron file.  I included the makaron file in case there's something different about then one I have, I took out the bios and roms though  :angel: From the pic you can see I have no special options

also it might help you to know that my player 1 and 2 config is as follows

p1 joy

up = up
down=down
left=left
right=right
buttons

are configured as

fnt
uyx

player 2

j=up