Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Making a laserdisk arcade game! "Get Lucky" progress thread..  (Read 13546 times)

supadave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 09:10:08 pm
Re: Making a laserdisk arcade game! "Get Lucky" progress thread..
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 04:05:16 pm »
Launched the website for the game.. Figured why not.. www.gamecadeproduction.com  Nothing to see there but a placeholder really..

I sent the game out to a few members from this board for beta testing. Haven't really heard much back yet. Could be good news, could be bad news.  :-\  I know there is one major bug that I fixed today that may be causing some issues for them. I just hope the expectation isn't too high. The game was built on alot of speculation on what could be done and can't be done. I have a good grasp on the programming and now know what can and can't be done. I'm looking forward to making another one with all the new found knowledge that came out of this one.

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:32 pm »
Don't sell yourself short man. I'm having lots of fun with it. So far the only issue I've been having is the front menu system being slow to respond if I scroll over the items quickly. Not that it gets slow but it stops letting me select a new game or to continue if I zip by all the items and then try to select one. Not really a big deal though, I don't imagine many people do that.

supadave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »
There is an issue with starting another game after finishing or loosing a game there is a strike sound effect and some issues with spacebar strikes. If you close the application and restart it you will be fine. Basically a value was not being reset between games but that's been fixed.. Everyone who has the Beta copy has this issue as of right now. I will release Beta2 next week for those who have been giving me feedback so please keep the feeback coming. I've taken some suggestions and they will be implemented into Beta2. Look for a txt file in beta 2 that will explain those changes.

Thanks again for all the help..

David

supadave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 03:05:20 pm »
Released what I am calling Beta version 4..  It's been sent to my testers.. Looking forward to the feedback. Thanks guys.. Check post 1 for all the beta 4 updates and some new screen shots. Thanks.

Pinball Wizard

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 03:47:13 pm
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 04:05:18 pm »
If you still need anymore testers, let me know.
Where's my gold star :P

supadave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 08:06:20 pm »
If you still need anymore testers, let me know.

I appreciate the offer but I got all that I need at the momment. I'm getting close to a final and I'm very excited.. Thank you for the interest.. I really hope everyone here will enjoy what we have put together.

supadave

• Offline Offline
(Update 1/23/2010) Game is officially released and is for sale on my website www.gamecadeproduction.com. Use coupon code 'lucky' at the final stage of checkout and you can pick the game up for just $4.99. I appreciate any and all support that has been given. I enjoyed this project so much that plans to continue making more are in the works. Thanks everyone!!

Pinball Wizard

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 03:47:13 pm
Darn it! I gotta spend money now!

Any plans for an iOS release?
Where's my gold star :P

supadave

• Offline Offline
Darn it! I gotta spend money now!

Any plans for an iOS release?

Actually Yes, but i'm not sure if we will be able to make the changes needed. We are going to try.. Here is a demo video of the game I threw together today. Enjoy.. Right now the game is just $4.99 over at our site, www.gamecadeproduction.com

Also we were the feature article on Kataku.com It got the treatment that I fully expected to get from our FMV game. Yes it's cheesy, we knew it would be, and we embrace it.

Here is a review from another site that enjoyed the game quite a bit. YAY! Gamecast.net

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:22:08 am by supadave »

supadave

• Offline Offline
Re: [COMPLETE] Making a laserdisk arcade game! "Get Lucky" progress thread..
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:25 am »
Game Getter is giving away 5 free copies of my game for the next 24hrs if anyone is interested.. http://getter.g-forums.net/invite.php?org_uid=39858

Thanks

supadave

• Offline Offline
I would simply like to Bump this as there might be some new hobbyist who are unaware of this project that I created.

NOTE: The video below is of the full version and the pics are from the arcade version. The arcade is very much so like an arcade game would be. Insert coin, play. Game over. No frills or extra's. Just remember that F1 opens up the options menu so you can set your buttons or set it to free play or have it accept coins if you want. Game is 1024x768 full screen only. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

About the Game It's just FMV quick time events similar to Dragons Lair. Press the direction arrow when it flashes. Be quick or you will get a strike. 3 strikes and you're out with this chick. Unlock the bonus game with a perfect run including all 4 Post it bonus scenes. Unlock hidden Posted notes scenes by pressing the action button when you spot a hidden Post it note. (Tip: first post it is at the very beginning right when he flashes back to his garage story) The rest are much easier to spot.

This is a sequel to a very short and not so great project I did years ago called "Survival 1:Horror". If anyone is interested in trying the first one out you can snag it for free HERE WHERE THE LINK IS.  The second one is nothing like the first so that's why you won't see it listed on my website. it's not that great at all so don't judge the sequel from it.

Get the Hyperspin Theme free here: DOWNLOAD

Buy the Hyperspin friendly PC Arcade Version for just $1.99 HERE (No unlockable menu's,  difficulty setting is locked in, no high score save feature)

Buy the PC Stand Alone Full Version for $4.99 HERE (Unlock Menu's to watch fail scenes at will, along with sexy fantasy scenes, and bonus scenes. Adjustable difficulty and a high score feature)

Thanks again everyone for your support.
Supadave
www.gamecadeproduction.com

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Thanks again everyone for your support.
Supadave

Awesome!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

mcseforsale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:07:41 pm
  • Creepy Mario Dude
Re: [COMPLETE] Making a laserdisk arcade game! "Get Lucky" progress thread..
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:28 pm »
very cool.

AJ