Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Keyboard hack problem with Lincade/AdvanceMame  (Read 3671 times)

Cucurbitacée

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2021, 02:26:59 pm
Keyboard hack problem with Lincade/AdvanceMame
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:50:32 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm building a cabinet from scrap using an old computer an old CRT TV using Lincade as OS. I've reached the point where I'm stuck.

I've hacked an old keyboard, booted the cabinet, the controls were perfectly working in AdvanceMenu. Then I launched a game, and it became strange. Only the joystick, 1up and coin buttons were working, plus there was a kind of lag when pressing the direction.

I tough I must have damaged the circuit while soldering, so I bought another old keyboard at a flea market. It was perfectly working as a keyboard in both AdvanceMame/AdvanceMenu. So back to hack, mapping matrix, soldering and so on.

The controls are once again perfectly working in Advancemenu... and unfortunately are messed up in AdvanceMame. With this hack, only a few buttons are working.

Why??? I'm totally clueless at this point. I've booted AdvanceCD to check, and with it, both AdvanceMame and AdvanceMenu are doing it wrong with the hack. My guess is that it must be related to X11, as AdvanceCD doesn't use it. But beside that, I don't know what to do.

If anyone has an idea, I'd be glad to try it.

Thanks!  ;D