Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Spy Hunter Gas Pedal Replacement?  (Read 4374 times)

spyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2021, 07:45:53 pm
Spy Hunter Gas Pedal Replacement?
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:11:29 pm »
I've never seen a replacement gas pedal for sale anywhere, could somebody help me out with this?  Mine is in real bad shape.

SH

JohnEDollar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2015, 06:36:55 pm
  • Keep it Smooth...
Re: Spy Hunter Gas Pedal Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:03:35 pm »
Try your local Toyota dealership!  ;D

You should be able to get a gas pedal at a real good price!  :laugh2:

(Sorry spyhunter, I couldn't resist..... :laugh2:)

DashRendar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2015, 05:46:52 pm
  • "Don't get your servos in a twist pal."
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:27:03 am »
Halfway down this page-

http://ultimarc.com/controls.html
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 322, Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:18:44 pm »
You'd probably have better luck seeking a true SH pedal on the klov forums rather than on a mame-centric forum.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

bkenobi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:54:14 pm »
Have you tried taking yours apart and cleaning it?  Even if it's not working, it should be as simple as replacing the pot (unless there's something mechanically broken).  These things are pretty simple, so I wouldn't think replacing the whole thing should be required.

spyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2021, 07:45:53 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:32:20 pm »
Actually, the only problem with my pedal is the piece of metal that pushes down on the plate attached to the pot, it should be an L shape that goes through the pedal itself, and I believe there used to be sort of a rubber ball on the end of it back in the day to make it smoother and quieter.  But instead I just have a short straight piece of metal that is so short that the pedal just barely touches it and the piece of metal is grinding through the pedal.

Thanks I'll try Toyota, LOL or the KLOV.

SH

bkenobi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:15:11 am »
If you knew what it should look like, it wouldn't be too tough to get a new one made.  I haven't looked at my Championship Sprint pedals in a while, but your description sounds familiar.  I don't recall them being any more complicated than a chunk of metal with a hold cut so it would fit on a shaft.  Seems a hack saw and some time would be a good solution.  Alternately, find a machine shop and bring them the parts you want.  They should be able to help you in short order.  They can use a drill press and a band saw to make the part in about 10 minutes!