Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wells-gardner yoke broken  (Read 1478 times)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Wells-gardner yoke broken
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:26:14 pm »
i got a wells-gardner 9200, the screen had bad purity so we pulled the unit back to the shop.

turns out the yoke is broke away from the tube mount.

now i'm guessing the yoke is supposed to be pushed tight up against the tube... i'm not seeing/finding any wedges or anything inside the cab.

Is this the case? or should i try to line it up with the mount (the yoke sits back about 2mm from the tube when aligned with the mount) the plastic looks like it might be deformed a little so i'm not real sure on the original position.

would hot glue be enough to hold it in place or should I go for an epoxy?

EDIT:

well i decided that hot glue would be a suitable fixative, it's one of those old style, don't-get-it-on-your-skin-cause-it-burns-like-hell deals. the glue cools firm enough to hold it in place and should stay without getting soft during use. I managed to get it close to original again...had to tweak the rotation a little (guess i didn't quite get it perfectly straight up and down)

i guess i could have gone with silicone too but i didn't feel like holding it in place for hours till it dries. should the hot melt glue prove to become too soft once the tube gets nice and hot, i guess this will be my second choice.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:57:12 pm by lilshawn »

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Wells-gardner yoke broken
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:43:59 pm »