Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

Introducing New (Enhanced) MaLa Game List Editor

<< < (2/11) > >>

mh12:
yeah, i won't be installing .NET framework on my cabinet.
i do backup to a portable harddrive though, so i could do the deleting and transfer fresh to the cab.

i'm not even sure if any utils handle deleting. it would be nice, but not a big deal.

thund3rstruck:

--- Quote from: mh12 on March 17, 2010, 12:44:43 pm ---yeah, i won't be installing .NET framework on my cabinet.

--- End quote ---

Yea, exactly. My cabinet can barely run W2K, let alone the .NET framework. In fact I don't know if you can even install .NET v3.5 on W2K. From the outset this tool was designed to be used on your regular PC and then the mlg files are transferred to the cab through VNC, RDP, or FTP.

NOP:

--- Quote from: mh12 on March 17, 2010, 11:39:38 am ---one thing i'd like to see in a gamelist program is the ability to delete ROMs not in the list(s). or, more safely, move them out somewhere else you can test and make sure you won't be needing them. The program would have to be smart enough not to get rid of parent sets and BIOSes for anything that might be in the list.

--- End quote ---

romlister does that.  For any list you create, you can output it as a batch file too.  Use that batch file to move or copy the files you do want over to your machine.  See the tutorials for working with batch files.

In order for that to be effective, you would want to use CMpro to convert your collection into a split set, where each .zip file is its own game.  Delete the zip, delete the game entirely.  You don't mess with parent zip files being required to run child games that way or even need separate BIOS zips.  Most people with large hard drives would just leave the rom set this way.

Since you're pressed for space, you would probably want to then use cmpro again to re-merge the set, reducing the amount of HDD space you'd need.

edit: not trying to steal thund3rstruck's thunder (sorry for the pun) about the new utility!

thund3rstruck:

--- Quote ---edit: not trying to steal thund3rstruck's thunder (sorry for the pun) about the new utility!

--- End quote ---

Not at all... ROMLister is perfect for advanced tasks like the one requested above. My tool is for dummies like me who are new to the scene and just want a brows-able, filtered list of all the roms (sortable by the various elements in mame.xml) which we can drag and drop into new gamelists.

mh12:
thanks guys.. i'll be using this and ROMlister next time i mess with my cab

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version