Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First attempt at a theme, looking for some help!  (Read 9996 times)

jimmy2x2x

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
First attempt at a theme, looking for some help!
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:10:06 am »
I have this so far

And wanted to know if it would be possible to have to screenshot and marquee graphics spin into position when you select a game?

Any advice most welcome ;)

metallimaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2012, 05:11:08 pm
    • DebugStation
Re: First attempt at a theme, looking for some help!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »
That's a nice theme. I'd like to see the finished product :)

As for the spinning images, you MIGHT be able to do it with Adobe Flash but I'm not sure. The way I'm just working it out in my head is to get the default image for the marquee/screenshot, use that in Adobe Flash and make a short loop of it doing it's thing (quick rotation etc).

I'm not sure if this would work, but you could always try. I don't know (from memory) if you can replace those two images within the theme editor with .flvs. Always worth a try though. Let us know how it goes.

You can get a 30 day trial version of Flash from their site. Should be enough for you to just try this out. Good luck!