Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: oh no!not another cabinet build!  (Read 10772 times)

Epyx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
Re: oh no!not another cabinet build!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 06:28:18 pm »
That's right. I had forgotten you were in the UK. And aye you shouldn't have any problem finding something similar. GL!
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

saleem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
blue bartop cp completed
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 05:59:02 pm »
decided to drill and fit the stick/spinner and buttons on the cp,also fitted the tmolding:

the 2 blue buttons to the bottom left of the stick are going to be dedicated left and right for games like asteroids as stick sux big time for them type of games,the cp has a magstick+,spintrak (spinner) and il buttons.i just need 2 black for the front of the cp as them are admin buttons.

test run the turncades pc:

just got to wire up the minipac and i need 2 cupboard hinges for the cp like what is used on kitchen units.marquee area to do then its basicly finished.
:)

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:33 am »
Good work Saleem. It's good to see one of our PC's being recycled and put to good use and hopefully helps complete your system. It is an older revision of the software as the front-end is still using the temporary skins and logo and I imagine it is using our older FE build based on an earlier version of Mamewah, but hopefully you are finding it fine for your needs.

saleem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:51 pm »
i am nearing the end of the build now.

i fitted the marquee plexiglass (sorry it has bits on it from when i routed it out) and the retainers which were recycled,i cleaned them up with wire brush on a drill and resprayed them.i just need to get some black screws to hold it in place (not silver)

all buttons are sorted and working.

with marquee light on:

i need to get artwork for the marquee.i also need to route out some ventilation grooves on the rear door (for cooling) and the wiring/power leads needs sorting out.

all in all i am happy,could have been built better (it took some damage here and there during construction but,alright for my first bartop.also it needs a good clean from the sticky residue left from the laminates protective coating after it was removed.

i am going to do some decorating i have been meaning to do (my bedroom) and get that room ready.i can then move my 2 table top cabs in there and get glass top replacements for them.then i will think about my next build which hopefully will be done during the summer.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2010, 05:42:02 am »
i cut the plexi glass for my monitor bezel today and i went and buggered it up.i was using 3 grip clamps on it also.as i was going round with the router it must have made the plexi slip so when i hgad gone all the way round i found i took extra off one area where i had previously cut it.so now i got to replace it with a new piece off ebay.

Did you buy from Trent plastics on eBay? A wee tip for anyone buying from them in the UK is if you contact them directly (http://www.trentplastics.co.uk/online/) rather than buying from  their eBay auctions they will cut exactly to size. The money you save buying a smaller sheet rather than one that needs to be cut down actually means you pay less overall and the edges are perfect.

I bought a sheet of light tint 5mm 600mmx450mm, a sheet of clear 2mm 600mmx140mm and a sheet of clear 3mm 600mmx140mm for £12.00 plus £8.00 delivery. No cutting or trimming required. Perfect!
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

saleem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 10:02:29 am »
yes,thats where i bought it from.

easy solution was,i just mounted the plexi on the under side of the cp bezel,so its now under the bezel,on top of the front of the monitor so it didnt matter what the size was as long as it was large enough to be seen through the monitor opening and not slip.