Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Restoring Xenon  (Read 1781 times)

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
Restoring Xenon
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:07:11 pm »
Hopefully, this will be finished by the TX pinball festival.  :dizzy: So far, I've already removed the head and playfield, and stripped the cabinet of parts. Since there isn't enough money in the budget to replace the cabinet($1200), I will strip the art off, fill in the gouges, and repaint the existing cabinet.

I will be using a new gold edition Xenon playfield in this project, and I got an NOS inner backglass.

By the end of today, I hope to have the art stripped. More to come.  :cheers:
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
Re: Restoring Xenon
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 09:32:57 pm »
End of day 1.

I tried removing the paint with stripper, but it didn't want to come off. A little better after round 3 with the stripper, but it still wasn't coming off completely. So, I busted out the sander, which was working much better.
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee