Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can't Exit MAME32 On My Cab (Update: Answered My Own Question)  (Read 1136 times)

jtfields

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2022, 04:19:34 pm
Can't Exit MAME32 On My Cab (Update: Answered My Own Question)
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:55:49 pm »
I recently purchased a used cab that came with a PC running Windows 2000 and MAME32 .118.  Posted about it here:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=100023

I plan on updating it soon when I get the chance and at that point will install a front end designed for a cab (haven't decided yet but leaning towards HyperSpin.)  I'm just trying to decide if I want to keep the PC it came with (probably make a couple of ugrades to it such as RAM and a larger hard drive) or build a new one for it..  Until then I'm playing with it as is.  

Anyway, the controls are configured so that if I press player 1 and 2 start buttons simultaneously it's the same as pressing ESC.  When I'm playing a game in MAME32 pressing ESC (player 1 and 2 simultaneoulsy) exits the game currently playing and takes me back to the MAME32 interface to select another game.  However, I cannot seem to exit MAME32 itself back to Windows.  The Windows bar at the top that would normally have the minimize and exit buttons in the top right hand corner are gone.  The normal "File, Edit, View..." type menus  that are usually in the upper left are missing too.  I asked the guy that I bought it from about it and he just said that the menu bar and the minimize, maximize and exit buttons used to be there but his kids did something to it at some point and they vanished.  He didn't know how to exit either.  The only way I know how to exit is to hit the power button (which is configured to shut down the PC) and then power back up to Windows.  Any help is appreciated and sorry if this is a total noob question.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:26:34 pm by jtfields »

jtfields

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2022, 04:19:34 pm
Re: Can't Exit MAME32 On My Cab
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:26:12 pm »
Sorry guys, I figured it out. F11 toggles it.  I had tried Google earlier to no avail but I didn't realize that area was called the Title Bar.  Once I learned that it was pretty easy to find.