Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME CTRLR file for X-Arcade and XBOX 360 Pads  (Read 125692 times)

AldousHxlE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2018, 06:42:08 pm
MAME CTRLR file for X-Arcade and XBOX 360 Pads
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »
Hey everyone,

Long time visitor, first time poster. :) Anyway, I figured someone may find this useful. I created a customized MAME ctrlr file for use with the X-Arcade, as well as 4 XBOX 360 gamepads (wired or wireless). Here are the details for this configuration.

- The X-Arcade controls P1 and P2.
- The XBOX 360 pads also control P1-P4. Both analog and digital pads are mapped to control movement, as well as analog triggers for some games.
- Specified controls for Neo Geo games, which use the MVS style button layout on the X-Arcade. XBOX360 pads are configured to use the same control layout as the Neo Geo CD gamepads.
- Corrected configs for Mortal Kombat 1-4.
- Modified Street Fighter 1, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, and Killer Instinct series controls for the XBOX 360 pads. The configs match the default gamepad layout for Street FIghter IV PC and XBOX 360.
- Support for analog devices, such as paddles, dials, flight yokes, steering wheels, and light-guns. These devices are configured for the X-Arcade joysticks, XBOX 360 controller left thumbstick and digital pad, mice/trackballs, and light-guns (when applicable). Enable mouse and light-gun support within mame.ini should these devices be used.
- Support for dual joystick games using the XBOX 360 left and right analog sticks for games such as Smash TV, Robotron, etc...
- Disabled the X-Arcade shortcuts KEYCODE_2+KEYCODE_4 to exit the game, as well as KEYCODE_1+KEYCODE_3 to bring up Options. I did this to prevent accidental exits, etc... during gameplay.
- Player 1 on either X-Arcade or XBOX 360 pad are able to navigate through MAME's ingame menus.

To use, download the TXT attachment below and save it in your MAME CTRLR directory as XArcade+XBOX360x4.cfg

Finally, edit your mame.ini file, located in the INI folder within your MAME directory, and change the CORE INPUT OPTIONS values to:

Code: [Select]
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
ctrlr                     XArcade+XBOX360x4
mouse                     0
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                0
steadykey                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.3
joystick_saturation       0.85

Thats it! Fire up MAME, and try it out. Enjoy.

*This config is a work in progress. Suggestions are always welcome.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:27:41 pm by AldousHxlE »

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
Re: MAME CTRLR file for X-Arcade and XBOX 360 Pads
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:23:06 pm »
Nice work, and thanks for contributing!  :applaud:  (I'm always happy to see others also using the ctrlr file.)

A couple questions, mostly minor stuff.

You have UI_CANCEL included, but it's mapped to mame's default so it doesn't need to be there.  Is this for user documentation?  Or a left over from removing the (IMO stupid) button combo?  Nothing's wrong with it in there, and saving the <1K disk space by removing it isn't wroth the effort.  Just wondering.

Almost the same with UI_CONFIGURE, but you mapped it to tab only, which is close to mame's default, but not quite the same.  (Mame's default is tab not alt, or "KEYCODE_TAB NOT KEYCODE_LALT NOT KEYCODE_RALT".)  Is this difference intentional?  If you want mame's default, you can remove this entry like above, but like above, it's so minor it might not be worth it. ;)

I like driving games.  It doesn't look like you set up the xbox controllers for them (paddle and pedal inputs).  If you're interested in driving games, you might want to add them (but see below).

And lastly, you seem to map the AD_STICK as if your xbox controller X & Y axes are digital instead of analog.  (Same as mame's defaults, actually.)  Is this intentional?  Is this what you meant by "After Burner style"?  I don't have an xbox controller, but I'm assuming the X & Y axes are the left thumbstick, and the hatswitch is the d-pad, right?  Then I'd map the AD_STICK as follows:

<port type="P1_AD_STICK_X">
                <newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_ABSOLUTE</newseq>
                <newseq type="decrement">KEYCODE_4PAD OR JOYCODE_1_HATSWITCHL</newseq>
                <newseq type="increment">KEYCODE_6PAD OR JOYCODE_1_HATSWITCHR</newseq>
            </port>

And the same for the other player & axes.

By taking out the the joystick X axis switches, mame will correctly treat the input as analog (The analog X axis is already mapped in the "standard" analog newseq with the "JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_ABSOLUTE").

The orange text is optional, as it's basically mame's default for the standard analog (minus the mouse).  Also notice it doesn't have the mask, index, and defvalue, as these are cfg file only and are ignored in the ctrlr file.  Again, this is IMO a change needed for mame's defaults also, for everyone with an analog stick; IMO all absolute analog inputs (AD stick, paddle, pedal, and lightgun) need this remove analog axis from digital map fix.

Otherwise, your ctrlr file looks good and nicely set up for fighter games.  :cheers:
Robin
Knowledge is Power

AldousHxlE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »
u_rebelscum,

First off, thank you very much for your advice  ;D

UI_CANCEL and UI_CONFIGURE were actually entries I meant to remove a while back, but always forgot about. But you're right, they served no purpose, and have been removed.

I updated the CTRLR file in my first post to reflect a few changes, most notably the AD_STICK controls for the XBox360 pads. I actually never knew the JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_ABSOLUTE option existed, so its nice to learn something new about writing these CTRLR. Thanks :) The only other changes I've made are some cleanup on the file itself, mostly removing the unused button entries for the driver specific controls, shaving off about 4KB.

I do plan on implementing driving controls very soon, as soon as I get a chance. I will update the file with any future changes. Thanks again for the help on this, and please feel free to throw any other suggestions my way.  :applaud:

AldousHxlE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:53:44 pm »
u_rebelscum

I'm trying to configure driving controls for the CTRLR file, but I think I've hit some road blocks (no pun intended) :D. I'm using Pole Position and Cruisin USA as my test games, and basically I needed some tips/suggestions on the following:

1. I've added the following lines to the SYSTEM NAME=DEFAULT entries:
<port type="P1_PADDLE">
                <newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_ABSOLUTE</newseq>
                <newseq type="decrement">JOYCODE_1_HATSWITCHL OR KEYCODE_4PAD</newseq>
                <newseq type="increment">JOYCODE_1_HATSWITCHR OR KEYCODE_6PAD</newseq>
                </port>
<port type="P1_DIAL">
                <newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_XAXIS</newseq>
                <newseq type="decrement">JOYCODE_1_HATSWITCHL OR KEYCODE_4PAD</newseq>
                <newseq type="increment">JOYCODE_1_HATSWITCHR OR KEYCODE_6PAD</newseq>
                </port>
            <port type="P1_PEDAL">
<newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_ZAXIS</newseq>
                <newseq type="increment">JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2 OR KEYCODE_LALT</newseq>
                </port>
            <port type="P1_PEDAL2">
                <newseq type="increment">JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 OR KEYCODE_LCONTROL</newseq>
                    </port>

Basically what I did was set the XBOX 360 D-Pad and the X-Arcade Joystick 1 to control steering (P1_PADDLE), but also have the XBOX 360 left thumbstick act as an analog steering wheel. This seems to work well with the JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_ABSOLUTE entry within Cruisin USA. For Pole Position, I had to add the P1_DIAL for steering, but the left thumbstick does not seem to work when using the line JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_ABSOLUTE, but does work using JOYCODE_1_XAXIS. Is the left thumbstick still working as an analog device correctly with this entry?

2. Please look at the entry for P1_PEDAL. I originally set the "standard" entry to JOYCODE_1_ZAXIS_ABSOLUTE, then tried JOYCODE_1_ZAXIS, but they seem to work the same when assigning "Gas Pedal" to the left and right analog triggers on the XBOX 360 pad. Again, do both entries mean they are working as analog devices?

3. On the subject of the pedals, I was able to assign gas to XBOX 360 Button 2/X-Arcade Button 2 and brake to XBox 360 Button 1/X-Arcade Button 1, which work well. Now, the XBox 360 analog triggers are also assigned to gas as ZAXIS, but how can I separate ZAXIS to control both gas and brake? I know I could enter their values within "increment" as JOYCODE_1_ZAXIS_NEG_SWITCH and JOYCODE__ZAXIS_POS_SWITCH, but this would make the triggers work as digital buttons, correct?

4. Finally (whew!), I've only been able to test these two games so far. Are there any other entries I need to add to support all driving wheels within MAME besides P1_PADDLE and P1_DIAL? I really want this to be a universal CTRLR that everyone can use without post-configuration necessary.

Again, thank you for your help on this. You seem to be much more knowledgeable when it comes to the ins and outs of the MAME CTRLR file than I certainly am. The analog stuff really throws me off. ???

AldousHxlE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:30 pm »
Ok, I think I'm really starting to understand how the analog devices work now :applaud:. So with that, another update:

- Support for analog devices, such as paddles, dials, flight yokes, steering wheels, and light-guns. These devices are configured for the X-Arcade joysticks, XBOX 360 controller left thumbstick and digital pad, mice/trackballs, and light-guns (when applicable). Enable mouse and light-gun support within mame.ini should these devices be used.

I'm hoping this covers all analog devices within MAME, but please let me know if anything is missing.

AldousHxlE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »
Ok, final update for a while, I promise.  ;D This one is specifically for driving games:

- Gas and brake are now correctly assigned to the right and left analog triggers on the XBOX 360 pads as true analog pedals. Gas is assigned to RT, Brake is LT. Also removed Gas and Brake assignments to buttons A and B to prevent conflicts with other functions, such as camera changes and gear shifting with manual transmissions.
- Reassigned Gas and Brake buttons to the two lower offset buttons on the X-Arcade to prevent similar conflicts as listed above.

emusa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2010, 06:06:44 pm
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:34:54 am »
I don't usually like to revive old threads, but this one is very relevant I think.

I use this ctrlr file and love it. The only thing I would like added is the option to exit the emulator using a button on the joypad. For example the "tab" key mapped to the right-analog stick click, so I could choose to exit the emulator.

Could anyone help me out how to add this option? Would be awesome :)
thank you!

emusa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 06:14:49 pm »
Anyone..? plz  :-\

blove145

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2010, 05:42:05 pm
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »
hey, i followed all the directions and get an error saying it doesnt recognize the XArcade+XBOX360x4.  can anyone help me out please?  thanks

AldousHxlE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 07:20:47 pm »
Ah, responders! I thought this thread was long dead, lol.

emusa:
I can modify the CTRLR file to allow you to exit the game using a button or combination of buttons (such as pressing both thumbstick buttons down on the 360 pads?) Just let me know what you need me to add.

blove145:
Are you using MAMEUI? I would place the file in your ctrlr folder, fire up MAMEUI, and set it as the default controller config within the Default Game Settings.

Also, just uploaded another update:
- Remapped the default buttons on the Xbox360 pads as:
   Button 1 = A
   Button 2 = B
   Button 3 = X
   Button 4 = Y
This was to bring some uniformity between Neo Geo titles and the default MAME games. Also, this makes most XBOX360 flightsticks, such as the Saitek Aviator, usable without further control changes necessary. Works great with After Burner.

- Added multiplayer support for CPS, CPS2, CPS3, and Midway titles. This adds multiplayer support for such games as Aliens vs Predator and NBA Jam.

Please update accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:39:23 pm by AldousHxlE »

emusa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 03:42:25 am »
Thanks for the update :)

I've added UI_CANCEL and UI_CONFIGURE to your latest cfg. Now when I press the left stick I can exit the emulator and with a click on the right stick I can access the config menu; for cheats and moveslist  :applaud:

blove145

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2010, 05:42:05 pm
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »
still having trouble getting mine to work i have something called MALA a mame and more launcher.  I put the ctrlr file in the folder.  I edited the file and put it in correct folder.  Everything is installed per the directions and still cannot get anything to work at all.  After putting the file in the ctrlr folder, games wont even load up at all.  I'm running windows 7.  hope someone can help me out
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:42:05 pm by blove145 »

arthur071169

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2011, 11:10:24 am
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:34 am »
I have had no problems at all getting this to work.
I love the analog 'pedals' in outrun etc.

I do have a prob tho...
I previously configures my mame set up to use "cursor keys, asd, zxc", etc for up, down, left, right, p1 buttons 1,2,3, 4,5,6
Now these key mappings are lost.

Is there a way of mapping those inputs you have defined, for analog contols into a standard mame defined keyset?

IE, create a users own keymappings as wanted in MAME, and copy the bits that relate only to the analog stick into it that you have created...

arthur071169

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2011, 11:10:24 am
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 11:27:40 am »
To expand futher on my above request.
I have a custome arcade, with a custom panel.
I am using MAximus arcade front end, and have configure the front end, and mame to use non standard keys..
EG to exit a game I use 1+3
1+5 exits the maximus front end
u/d/l/r are the cursor keys

All is working exactly as I want it within the front end and mame,
I would like to add the extra functionality of the Xbox 360 controller to my current setup.

I see the default.cfg setup in mame\cfg

I would like to combine into a single master (default options\controllers\default input layout) selection that has my mame cabinet defined inputs, along with the 'extra' xbox 360 inputs supported as optional..
IE I can press up on the cabinet joystick, or the 360's controller dpad, or left analog stick
etc.etc.

AldousHxlE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »
arthur071169, I think I understand what you're asking. Are you using only a 1P setup? Is this crude mockup player 1's setup:

U arrow
L arrow         R arrow               A S D
          D arrow                       Z X C

What keys do you have mapped to Coin and Start? Is there a 2P? What keys do you have assigned to that player?

I can write a new CFG for you if you can get me that info. A picture of the control panel would also really help. Thanks,

darthriddle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2011, 02:51:17 pm
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 02:49:36 pm »
Thank you for the nice cfg file you have made. This is an art in itself to understand the workings of the ctrlr files. I'm using GameEx as a front end so i added back the exit game command, other than that your file is very nice!

spoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2015, 10:36:18 am
  • Destroyer of electronics
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:13:38 pm »
Thanks alot for this cfg.  Just used it on my xbox controller.  Woot.

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 11:34:46 pm »
Way too late on replying. But this is very cool thanks a lot! I hope you continue working on this in the future :D

crawlingpeter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2015, 01:41:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 11:20:09 am »
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I was wondering if anyone had made any neat upgrades to this file and wanted to share? This is such a useful file already!

yeagert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2015, 11:50:53 am
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 11:46:46 am »
Bringing this post back to life! Now that MAME no longer uses .ini files, how do we adapt this ctrlr config to mame now? Thanks!

a7mag3ddon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2021, 02:38:54 pm
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »
Im trying to use this CFG file and it kinda works but my left and right are reversed, how i can i fix this ?

YM2612

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2016, 08:20:57 am
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 11:29:23 am »
Hello,

I have updated this ctrlr config file for MAME 0.173 to account for the new key binding name types and differences in pedal bindings. I have tested this on various games and it seems to work pretty well but please let me know if you notice any issues!

Tested on Windows 10 with MAME 0.173 with 2 x Wireless XBox 360 controllers.

Note: I do not have an XArcade stick so no idea if this functionality has broken in any way in newer versions of MAME.

sajazzman007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2022, 10:29:22 pm
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 03:40:48 pm »
Hello,

I have updated this ctrlr config file for MAME 0.173 to account for the new key binding name types and differences in pedal bindings. I have tested this on various games and it seems to work pretty well but please let me know if you notice any issues!

Tested on Windows 10 with MAME 0.173 with 2 x Wireless XBox 360 controllers.

Note: I do not have an XArcade stick so no idea if this functionality has broken in any way in newer versions of MAME.

I thought I would bring this back from the dead. YM2612, I am using the newest version of both RocketLauncher and Hyperspin. I notice i used the latest update and for some reason when using xbox controllers the P1 and P2 work well independently however when you used them together, the P2 begins to start acting up. In MAME, the players will move in different directions and only the first player buttons do not work the way they should. The keyboard will also stop working in MAME which allows you to change the configurations of the controller to button configuration. It will allow you into the config by pressing TAB and then its dead after that. The first player control will allow you to move up and down but that's it. I don't have a 2 more xbox controllers to test P3 and P4.

Is there an update to this file ctrlr config file?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:43:50 pm by sajazzman007 »

YM2612

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2016, 08:20:57 am
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 08:15:25 am »
Hello,

I am not the original creator of the config file (that honor falls to AldousHxlE) - I simply tried to update his work with the limited knowledge that I have. Sorry to hear you are having problems with the update - I will try and re-create the issue and see if I can fix it... what version of MAME are you running?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:21:28 am by YM2612 »

goAMinD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2017, 04:04:14 pm
  • Gameplay is only found in retro games
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 02:44:56 pm »
Hi all,

I found this super thread and now it lives once again. I followed the instructions and it runs perfect under ver. 0.182.

One thing I need explained. How do I configure the CTRLR file to be able to exit in game? I'm using the Xbox360 wireless controller.

Thanks in advance

squeak450

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2017, 07:41:38 am
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »
can you explain exactly what you did. Because i'm trying to get  my x360 controllers working in MAME 182 but i can't get it. I placed the CFG file in the mame CTRL folder and then went into the mam.ini and changed the configure inputs and after doing so MAME stops booting up. i change the imputs back to normal and MAME boots back up but i can still only use my keyboard. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

goAMinD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 06:00:13 pm »
Hi squeak450,

The user YM2612 has an updated config file for version 0.173, which is the one I'm using also for 0.182. In reply #22 the file is attached.

Remember to edit your mame.ini and set for the ctrlr entry the same as the config file name without extension.

squeak450

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 04:56:58 pm »
HI goAMinD

This is ecaxtly what i did. i placed the the file into the controller folder , turned it from a notepad to a CFG file, copy and pasted the controller inpmuts and replaced everything that was under it. Is that what i'm doing wrong? should i just be adding to the configure impute and not replacing them?

goAMinD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 04:55:50 am »
HI goAMinD

This is ecaxtly what i did. i placed the the file into the controller folder , turned it from a notepad to a CFG file, copy and pasted the controller inpmuts and replaced everything that was under it. Is that what i'm doing wrong? should i just be adding to the configure impute and not replacing them?

If you downloaded the 0.173 cfg file the file name is XARCADE_XBox360x4_0_173.cfg
In this file I changed nothing.
If you have more .cfg files in this folder you could move them to another temp folder, so only XARCADE_XBox360x4_0_173.cfg is in the cfg folder. Just to be sure no other is used.

In mame.ini in your mame root folder you have to put this under the section CORE INPUT OPTIONS: XARCADE_XBox360x4_0_173 (with no extension .cfg)

When you lauch the emulator go to the Configure options menu and choose Device Mapping. In here you set ALL entries to Joystick. Then it should work. Restart the emulator

goAMinD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2017, 05:09:51 am »
Then your 2 options in the mame.ini should look like this:

#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     XARCADE_XBox360x4_0_173
mouse                     0
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                0
steadykey                 0
ui_active                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.3
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
joystick_contradictory    0
coin_impulse              0

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             joystick
adstick_device            joystick
pedal_device              joystick
dial_device               joystick
trackball_device          joystick
lightgun_device           joystick
positional_device         joystick
mouse_device              joystick
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:13:47 am by goAMinD »

squeak450

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 10:25:24 pm »
OK i got it to work the only thig is it didn't like the XARCADE_XBox360x4_0_173 in the mame.ini file. i take it out and i can use it. Now i have a xarcade stick and the two xbox controllers. Is there anyway to make the controller come up automatically as player 3 & 4. I had 4 controllers so i was able to get all my controllers running? just wanted to know if i could have the xarcade stick as always player one and two and my 2 xbox controller when turned on come up as 3 & 4.

goAMinD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 07:41:05 am »
OK i got it to work the only thig is it didn't like the XARCADE_XBox360x4_0_173 in the mame.ini file. i take it out and i can use it. Now i have a xarcade stick and the two xbox controllers. Is there anyway to make the controller come up automatically as player 3 & 4. I had 4 controllers so i was able to get all my controllers running? just wanted to know if i could have the xarcade stick as always player one and two and my 2 xbox controller when turned on come up as 3 & 4.

Ok cool, but does the buttons on the xbox controller still work then? The back button that are credit and the start button as start player one?

I don't know how to do the auto player 3 and 4 unfortunately.

squeak450

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 08:04:39 am »
No thats the only 2 buttons i can't get to respond are the start and select. I even tried the joytokey method and got the whole controller working but still the start and select would not work for coin insertion. so i was still using my keyboard for that. and now that i have my tankstick the original layout( i guess from older version of mame) the coin insertion was the side button (number pad 3) well now player one is Number pad 5. I guss i'll just have to reprogram my tank stick being coin inserts for player 1 and 2 or off on that

goAMinD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 04:30:59 pm »
Ok, I sniped the mapping part from the config file to show the mapping of the Coin/credit and the start button. Scroll down to where you can see the mapping of <port type="START1"> and  <port type="COIN1">. These two are mapped to JOYCODE1 button 7 and 8 which are the Select and Start buttons on your Xbox controller. If you can see this in your file, this is OK.
<mameconfig version="10">
<system name="default">

<!-- X-Arcade and XBox360x4 by AldousHxlE input configuration file. Updated for MAME 0.173 by YM2612. -->

<input>
<remap origcode="KEYCODE_UP" newcode="KEYCODE_8_PAD" />
<remap origcode="KEYCODE_DOWN" newcode="KEYCODE_2_PAD" />
<remap origcode="KEYCODE_LEFT" newcode="KEYCODE_4_PAD" />
<remap origcode="KEYCODE_RIGHT" newcode="KEYCODE_6_PAD" />

<port type="UI_UP">
<newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_UP_SWITCH OR KEYCODE_8PAD OR JOYCODE_1_DPADUP</newseq>
</port>
<port type="UI_DOWN">
<newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_DOWN_SWITCH OR KEYCODE_2PAD OR JOYCODE_1_DPADDOWN</newseq>
</port>
<port type="UI_LEFT">
<newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH OR KEYCODE_4PAD OR JOYCODE_1_DPADLEFT</newseq>
</port>
<port type="UI_RIGHT">
<newseq type="standard">JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH OR KEYCODE_6PAD OR JOYCODE_1_DPADRIGHT</newseq>
</port>
<port type="UI_SELECT">
<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_ENTER OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 OR KEYCODE_LCONTROL</newseq>
</port>

<port type="START1">
<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_1   OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON7</newseq>
</port>
<port type="START2">
<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_2   OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON7</newseq>
</port>
<port type="COIN1">
<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_3   OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON8</newseq>
</port>
<port type="COIN2">
<newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_4   OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON8</newseq>

tallpr24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2017, 05:46:32 pm
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 07:27:38 am »
Hey  Guys,

Noob here, I have followed your directions using the xbo360 controller cfg file and the mame.ini. Everything is working great!!
the only thing I cant figure out is how to exit out of the game using the controller.  I'm using mame64ui version 0.186 and using launchbox.
any suggestions??

I tried pressing different combinations but no luck

uVSthem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 10:55:08 pm
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 07:51:39 pm »
Does anyone have a CTRLR file for Xbox One gamepads?

Kinks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2018, 05:42:39 am
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2018, 10:44:18 am »
I spent a good part of the day updating this for Mame 0.193. My concern was for the Xbox side. I do not own an XArcade.

http://kyleroberson.com/files/xbox.cfg

Changes:
Dpad support, was previously only left analog
Remapped buttons for expected layout
Swapped coin and start. Coin = select, start = start
Updated code for latest MAME

uVSthem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 10:55:08 pm
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2018, 10:51:22 pm »
Thank you for the update

I spent a good part of the day updating this for Mame 0.193. My concern was for the Xbox side. I do not own an XArcade.

Changes:

midd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2024, 07:34:53 am
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2018, 11:52:32 am »
Has anyone tried to map devices using this cfg file? I have a TurboTwist spinner, the X-arcade with trackball, 1 wired xbox 360 controller, 1 racing wheel and 1 aimtrak. 

This is what I've added but some games are crashing. If I revert back to the original file, everything works fine.

<input>
         <!-- Ultramarc aimtrak -->
         <mapdevice device="PID_1603" controller="GUNCODE_1" />
         <!-- wired xbpx 360 controller -->
         <mapdevice device="Xinput Player 1" controller="JOYCODE_1" />
         <!-- aimtrak side button -->
         <mapdevice device="ATRAK Device #1" controller="JOYCODE_5" />
         <!-- Hori Apex racing wheel -->
         <mapdevice device="PID_00A4" controller="JOYCODE_8" />
         <!-- Turbo Twist 2 spinner -->
         <mapdevice device="PID_0060" controller="MOUSECODE_0" />
         <!-- X-arcade trackball -->
         <mapdevice device="PID_1111" controller="MOUSECODE_1" />
         <remap origcode="KEYCODE_UP" newcode="KEYCODE_8_PAD" />
         <remap origcode="KEYCODE_DOWN" newcode="KEYCODE_2_PAD" />
         <remap origcode="KEYCODE_LEFT" newcode="KEYCODE_4_PAD" />
         <remap origcode="KEYCODE_RIGHT" newcode="KEYCODE_6_PAD" />

StatusQuo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2019, 03:16:54 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2019, 01:59:03 am »
Thank you for the update

Changes:

The link for this seems to be dead. Anyone know is there is another way to get this?

Thanks!