Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mini-PAC Firmware 1.39 says "Keyboard-Only" in WinIPAC  (Read 1349 times)

Spraragen88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2019, 12:02:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mini-PAC Firmware 1.39 says "Keyboard-Only" in WinIPAC
« on: December 19, 2019, 11:00:57 pm »
I have an issue with upgrading the firmware on my Xtension controller. It uses a post 2016 Mini-Pac. I want to upgrade it to firmware 1.39 to get the dual gamepad support but after the firmware installs, it still says Keyboard-only Firmware. It shows the firmware updated properly and says it is 1.39. I made sure I used the link that says gamepad support firmware. I am using the version of WinIPAC from the ultimarc website, so no issues there (V2).

I know there is an issue because nothing happens when I try to swap modes (hold P1 Start and P1 Button 2) it just stays in Keyboard mode.

https://imgur.com/a/bizJSZA
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:09:33 pm by Spraragen88 »

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: Mini-PAC Firmware 1.39 says "Keyboard-Only" in WinIPAC
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:51:43 am »
This sounds like something you should discuss with Andy at Ultimarc directly. He can verify that the file in the zip is the right one, and he knows exactly what in the firmware causes it to be recognized as gamepad enabled.